If you face such scenario where Microsoft office has been hang again n again. then please follow below procedure without wasting time:
- First open any Office 2013 program. For example open Word 2013. It'll open in new Start screen mode. Click on "Blank document" option.
- Now click on "File" menu present in the ribbon and then click on "Options" link given at the end of the left-sidebar.
- It'll open Options window. Click on "Advanced" tab and scroll down a little.
- Look for following options in "Display" section enable the below option :
- Disable hardware graphics acceleration
Also You can also turn this setting off in the registry at:
Set the value to “1″ to turn this off.